Thursday, November 13, 2008

well, that was different

today i took advantage of my multi-cultural neighborhood.
the last two times i have had my eyebrows done at a salon, i've ended up with burns.  the aesthetician thinks this is because i use retin-a.
i was bitching about it to a mom at school.  she says 'why don't you have them threaded?'
kansas girl says 'what?'
'threaded at an indian hair salon' says caucasian mom.  says it's funky the first couple of times, but that it's totally workable.
they basically pull the hair out with a piece of string.  it's like having your brows plucked, but doing 10 hairs at once instead of individually. 
strange, but i look fabulous and the whole process took 5 minutes and cost me $7.
i recommend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ted's gorilla wife does this. She's probably told me 100 times. It doesn't happen in Kansas City. Or in Omaha. But I give you credit for trying it.

More or less pain than wax?

summer said...

i would say it was equally painful, but so much faster.

i'm pretty happy with it. i went back today to have a different indian lady cut my hair. i'm pretty happy with that, too!

Anonymous said...

Can we see pictures of said procedures? I want to see your fabulousness!!! I am recently battling with eyebrows. I have never had to pluck, thanks to the Gram genes. However, those genes turn ugly and unruly the older we get. Soon, the will be pointy arches with scragly gray/white hairs. Ick!