okay.
i'm cheap. and booze on a cruise is expensive. assume $6 per fruity rum drink plus an obligatory 15% gratuity. that's like $7 a drink. let's assume i have one with lunch. plus 3 by the pool in the afternoon. plus one before dinner. plus 4 to 6 while dancing. that's 11 drinks a day. or $77 per day!! it's a three night cruise. so i'm spending $231 on drinks!!! and there are two of us!!! so i'm spending FOURHUNDREDSIXTYTWO dollars on rum and fruit juice!!
let's look at roxy's situation. she's a lush. she can drink me under the table. frankly, she can drink most long shoremen under the table. her husband is literally twice the size of my husband. paul looks like an italian leprechaun next to daniel. if i'm spending FOURHUNDREDSIXTYTWO dollars on booze, then they are spending WAY more.
and because roxy and i are traveling with our baggage for a change, we probably aren't going to get drinks purchased for us by horny twenty somethings. at least not while the italian leprechaun and the body guard are in the vicinity. what kind of vacation is it that requires us to spend more than airfare on rum?!!
do we want to spend FOURHUNDREDSIXTYTWO dollars on booze when we could buy these x-ray proof plastic flasks for $20 and our own booze (most of mine is courtesy of dino's liquor anyway)?
NO WE DO NOT!!
4 comments:
My husband, the body guard. Lovesit!
Nothing tastes better than smuggled booze. I'm bringing Vodka, Peach Schapps and Whiskey. I might request that we stop on the way to the ship to purchase diet sprite and coke zero and orange juice. I'll check them on the cruise in the empty bag I'm likely to bring. That way we can save EVEN MORE money. I'm also bringing plastic reusable glasses. I'm afraid your estimates of our liqour bills are right on the money!
I wonder how Syd's trip to Mexico is going? I bet she's having a blast!
i saw an ad on tv for a smirnoff pomegranite martini already mixed. that may find it's way into my bag!!
to hell with syd and her damned mexico trip. it's -5 degrees here.
MEXICO was awesome... and I didn't spend a dime on booze. While I suppose it was in the initial cost, we completely got our money's worth - Dirty Monkey, Bahama Mama, Bloody Mary, Corona, Salty Dog... and lots and lots of sunshine!
Now I am freeezing. And my skin is shriveling up from this dry air and no sun tan oil.
Life sux after vacation :(
We need pictures!!!
Post a Comment