Tuesday, December 30, 2008

christmas

well, my mom left this morning. so christmas is officially over.

my favorite gift:
susan sent me barack obama magnetic paper dolls. it made me happy. he's currently on my fridge wearing nothing but a santa hat, a lei, and a smile.

paul's gift:
a horribly ugly pair of boots that i had put as a possible on a list of 5 pair that i sent him back in november. and i mean ugly in a good way. they were shaggy goat hair with peacock trim. unfortunately, they were too tight. so i took them back to DSW and got some steve madden boots that look like uggs, but they've got suede fringe down the side. very hippie chick. super cute.

he also got me rock band 2 for wii, which isn't so much for me as the family, but i did also want it. the drum set connector thing doesn't work, so EA has to send me a replacement. this sucks because i'm the family band's drummer. next summer we're getting a VW van and touring the country.

stanfa gift:
paul's mom LOVES this stuffed animal things called 'woof n poof'. don't know why. they're not that fabulous, but she buys all of the adult girls one every year. mine this year is a reindeer that plays 'rudolph'. the price tag was still on it....$60.

she also got me the new diffuser hair dryer i asked for. it's got a retractable cord. so that's cool. and a lenox type statue of the wicked queen from snow white.

my mom gift:
she made me a quilt. so i love it. and she gave me school supplies for when i start college eventually/finally. and nail polish and a bunch of fun stuff. and a wad of money. :)

what'd you girls get?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No drama? I was so waiting to hear someone freaked out at the Stanfa's or something. I guess since Paula wasn't there, it was pretty tame?

I had 5 Christmases and all pretty uneventful. Ryan and I decided not to do too much for each other since we have Mexico and a wedding (which will need a separate blog entry). But I got a paid of down-filled slippers and a matching throw, a polka dotted card/ID holder, and a shiny down vested I wanted from LandsEnd.

Mom bought me a 10 piece starter set from Bare Essentials and a scanner to start working on my Gram's family photos from 100 years ago. I also got a VS gift card - perfect timing for their Semi Annual sale! But I need to get refitted - the girls are out of control.

I also got some $$ here and there, but honestly, I already spent it while I was xmas shopping at Kohl's - a lovely bag from Simply Vera and a scarf - both were the very last ones on the shelf, so I HAD TO HAVE THEM!

Now that everything is over, it is on to dieting and planning for 2009!

summer said...

ok. so where is the wedding blog entry?!! let's get straight to business!